11/18/2011, Tepco published data of the radiation levels of water purifying system.
Because the contaminated water is overflowing, Tepco is struggling to purify and re-use it to cool down.
This is the data of stocked radiation at each section of the system.
Though they cover the data of 10/4 and 11/1/2011 (ND doesn’t mean “not detected” here – they mean it to be “didn’t measure” for some reason. It’s written at the bottom of sheet 1), the data of Strontium was taken on 9/20/2011 and the results are beyond everyone’s assumption.
Desalination section (in)
- Sr-89: 29,000,000,000 Bq/m3
- Sr-90: 29,000,000,000 Bq/m3
Evaporative concentration section (in)
- Sr-89: 54,000,000,000 Bq/m3
- Sr-90: 76,000,000,000 Bq/m3
Evaporative concentration section (out)
- Sr-89: 97,000,000,000 Bq/m3
- Sr-90: 85,000,000,000 Bq/m3