Radioactive plume reached far south island Okinawa from 3/25 to 4/25/2011

According to Instrumental research center of Ryukyu university, radioactive plume from Fukushima reached Okinawa from 3/25 to 4/25/2011.

The measurement point was the 3rd floor of Ryukyu university building. They started detecting Iodine-131 on 3/25/2011, Cs-134/137 on 3/31/2011. The highest reading was 1.27 mBq/m3 of iodine-131, 1.31 mBq/m3 of Cs-134, 1.56 mBq/m3 of Cs-137, when was 4/6/2011.

At another measurement point in National Institute for Environmental Studies of Kunigami son, the same amount of nuclides were measured during the same term of period, which shows radioactive plume hit all over Okinawa.




Français :

Le nuage radioactif avait survolé jusqu’à l’extrême Sud de l’île d’Okinawa entre le 25 mars et le 25 avril 2011

Selon le Instrumental research center de l’université de Ryukyu, le nuage radioactif de Fukushima avait survolé Okinawa du 25 mars au 25 avril 2011.

Le point de mesure était au 3e étage du bâtiment de l’université de Ryukyu. Ils ont commencé à détecter l’iode 131 le 25 mars 2011 et les césium 134 et 137 au 31 mars 2011. La plus haute lecture a été de 1,27 mBq/m³ pour l’iode 131, de 1,31 mBq/m³ pour le Cs 134 et 1,56 mBq/m³ pour le Cs 137, c’était le 6 avril 2011.

A un autre point de mesure situé dans le National Institute for Environmental Studies de Kunigami fils, les mêmes quantités de nucléides ont été relevées aux mêmes périodes, ce qui prouve que le nuage radioactif a bien survolé tout Okinawa.

About this site

This website updates the latest news about the Fukushima nuclear plant and also archives the past news from 2011. Because it's always updated and added live, articles, categories and the tags are not necessarily fitted in the latest format.
I am the writer of this website. About page remains in 2014. This is because my memory about 311 was clearer than now, 2023, and I think it can have a historical value. Now I'm living in Romania with 3 cats as an independent data scientist.
Actually, nothing has progressed in the plant since 2011. We still don't even know what is going on inside. They must keep cooling the crippled reactors by water, but additionally groundwater keeps flowing into the reactor buildings from the broken parts. This is why highly contaminated water is always produced more than it can circulate. Tepco is planning to officially discharge this water to the Pacific but Tritium is still remaining in it. They dilute this with seawater so that it is legally safe, but scientifically the same amount of radioactive tritium is contained. They say it is safe to discharge, but none of them have drunk it.


January 2013