Most of the cattle were already consumed before they were checked
By 1/25/2012, only 35% of the cattle fed with contaminated hay were checked, the rest of 65% of the cattle are likely to be consumed.
In July of 2011, Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare decided to trace and check the cattle which were fed with contaminated hay (more than 300Bq/kg) after they were distributed.
It was 4626 cattle, distributed to 15 prefectures. However, by the time of 1/25/2012, about 65 % (2996 cattle) have not been checked yet. Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare is suspecting they were already consumed by when they decided to trace and check .
This website updates the latest news about the Fukushima nuclear plant and also archives the past news from 2011. Because it's always updated and added live, articles, categories and the tags are not necessarily fitted in the latest format.
I am the writer of this website. About page remains in 2014. This is because my memory about 311 was clearer than now, 2023, and I think it can have a historical value. Now I'm living in Romania with 3 cats as an independent data scientist.
Actually, nothing has progressed in the plant since 2011. We still don't even know what is going on inside. They must keep cooling the crippled reactors by water, but additionally groundwater keeps flowing into the reactor buildings from the broken parts. This is why highly contaminated water is always produced more than it can circulate. Tepco is planning to officially discharge this water to the Pacific but Tritium is still remaining in it. They dilute this with seawater so that it is legally safe, but scientifically the same amount of radioactive tritium is contained. They say it is safe to discharge, but none of them have drunk it.