[Crematory full ?] An obituary notice says one week wait for a writer’s funeral after the death in Tokyo

An obituary notice of newspaper implies the possibility that crematory (Cremation is normal in Japan) is full in Tokyo.


It was a writer of juvenile story, Furuta (86). He died earth in the morning of 6/8/2014. The cause of death was heart failure.

However the funeral is planned on 6/15/2014. Probably the remains won’t last for longer than a week in rainy season.

In Japan, funeral is held one day after the pre-funeral. Funeral therefore is 2 days after the death at the earliest. However these two funerals are usually held a couple of days after the death due to the uniqueness of Japanese weather.

There is a high possibility that the bereaved family couldn’t make a reservation in crematory, but none of the details are published.





You read this now because we’ve been surviving until today.


Français :

[Crématoire saturé ?] Un avis de pompes funèbres dit qu’il faut compter une semaine d’attente après la mort d’un demandeur dans Tokyo


Un avis de pompes funèbres dans un journal laisse penser que dans Tokyo la crémation (normale au Japon) est saturée.

C’est l’histoire d’un écrivain pour les enfants, M. Furuta (86 ans). Il est mort dans la matinée du 8 juin 2014. Il est mort d’un arrêt cardiaque.
Ses funérailles sont pourtant prévues pour le 15 juin 2014. Ses restes ne vont probablement pas tenir plus d’une semaine en pleine saison des pluies.

Au Japon, les funérailles ont lieu un jour après les “pré-funérailles”. Donc les funérailles ont lieu au plus tôt 2 jours après la mort. Cependant, ces deux jours de funérailles ont habituellement lieu deux jours après la mort à cause de la singularité du climat japonais.

Il est fortement probable que la famille endeuillée n’a pas pu faire de réservation de crémation mais aucun détail n’est communiqué.


Vous pouvez lire ceci parce que nous avons survécu jusqu’à aujourd’hui.

About this site

This website updates the latest news about the Fukushima nuclear plant and also archives the past news from 2011. Because it's always updated and added live, articles, categories and the tags are not necessarily fitted in the latest format.
I am the writer of this website. About page remains in 2014. This is because my memory about 311 was clearer than now, 2023, and I think it can have a historical value. Now I'm living in Romania with 3 cats as an independent data scientist.
Actually, nothing has progressed in the plant since 2011. We still don't even know what is going on inside. They must keep cooling the crippled reactors by water, but additionally groundwater keeps flowing into the reactor buildings from the broken parts. This is why highly contaminated water is always produced more than it can circulate. Tepco is planning to officially discharge this water to the Pacific but Tritium is still remaining in it. They dilute this with seawater so that it is legally safe, but scientifically the same amount of radioactive tritium is contained. They say it is safe to discharge, but none of them have drunk it.


June 2014