Nuc plant watching system was out of order for 24 hours but media surveillance was on

ERSS “Emergency Response Support System” to watch the temperature or pressure of the container vessels and radiation level of all the nuclear plants in Japan turned out to have been out of order for longer than 24 hours since about 12:30 of 12/30/2011.

They did not announce it until it was back on.

The Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency and Japan Nuclear Energy Safety Organization found out the problem in a back software.

12:30 12/30/2011
Plant staff of Shiga nuclear plant found out nothing was displayed in the screen of the system, and they noticed the entire system of all around in Japan went out of order.

The Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency states “We were too relaxed because of the end of the year.”


全国54原発の監視システム、トラブルで使えず 保安院1日以上公表せず「年末で気のゆるみ」
2011.12.31 19:35 [放射能漏れ]




About this site

This website updates the latest news about the Fukushima nuclear plant and also archives the past news from 2011. Because it's always updated and added live, articles, categories and the tags are not necessarily fitted in the latest format.
I am the writer of this website. About page remains in 2014. This is because my memory about 311 was clearer than now, 2023, and I think it can have a historical value. Now I'm living in Romania with 3 cats as an independent data scientist.
Actually, nothing has progressed in the plant since 2011. We still don't even know what is going on inside. They must keep cooling the crippled reactors by water, but additionally groundwater keeps flowing into the reactor buildings from the broken parts. This is why highly contaminated water is always produced more than it can circulate. Tepco is planning to officially discharge this water to the Pacific but Tritium is still remaining in it. They dilute this with seawater so that it is legally safe, but scientifically the same amount of radioactive tritium is contained. They say it is safe to discharge, but none of them have drunk it.


December 2011