Another Fukushima worker hospitalized for emergency

On 2/28/2013, Fukushima Diary reported a Fukushima worker died after hospitalized.

(cf, The Fukushima worker in a state of cardiopulmonary arrest died, the reason is not reported [URL 1])

According to Tepco, another Fukushima worker was hospitalized for emergency.

They reported it like this below.


-At around 8:50 AM on March 1, a worker driving a dump truck reported being sick near Fureai intersection in Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station. Upon medical examination at Units 5-6 emergency medical room, judgment was given by a doctor that the worker needs to be transported to a hospital immediately. The worker left Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station on an emergency transportation vehicle at 9:30 AM and was transferred onto an ambulance at Tomioka Fire Department to be transported to Iwaki Kyoritsu Hospital. At 11:15 AM, the worker arrived at Iwaki Kyoritsu Hospital. As a result of medical examination, it was judged that the worker needs to be hospitalized for a few days to have his condition monitored. No radioactive contamination was found on his body.




Français :

Un autre ouvrier de Fukushima hospitalisé en urgence


Le 28 février 2013, le Fukushima Diary rapportait qu’un ouvrier de Fukushima était mort après son hospitalisation. (cf. Le travailleur de Fukushima qui était en état d’arrêt cardio-ventilatoire est mort, la raison n’en est pas donnée)

Selon Tepco, un autre ouvrier de Fukushima a été hospitalisé en urgence.

Ils le rapportent ainsi :
– Le 1er mars vers 08:50, un ouvrier conduisant un camion-poubelle s’est signalé comme malade près de l’intersection de Fureai dans la centrale nucléaire de Fukushima Daiichi. Sur l’examen médical à l’infirmerie d’urgence des unités 5-6, un médecin a jugé que le travailleur devait être immédiatement transporté à l’hôpital. Le travailleur a quitté la centrale nucléaire de Fukushima Daiichi dans un véhicule de transport d’urgence à 09:30 et a été transféré dans une ambulance des pompiers de Tomioka pour l’emmener à l’hôpital de Kyoritsu d’Iwaki. A 11:15, le travailleur est arrivé à l’hôpital de Kyoritsu d’Iwaki. Après examen médical, il a été décidé que le travailleur devait être hospitalisé quelques jours pour que son état puisse être suivi. Aucune contamination radioactive n’a été trouvée sur son corps.

About this site

This website updates the latest news about the Fukushima nuclear plant and also archives the past news from 2011. Because it's always updated and added live, articles, categories and the tags are not necessarily fitted in the latest format.
I am the writer of this website. About page remains in 2014. This is because my memory about 311 was clearer than now, 2023, and I think it can have a historical value. Now I'm living in Romania with 3 cats as an independent data scientist.
Actually, nothing has progressed in the plant since 2011. We still don't even know what is going on inside. They must keep cooling the crippled reactors by water, but additionally groundwater keeps flowing into the reactor buildings from the broken parts. This is why highly contaminated water is always produced more than it can circulate. Tepco is planning to officially discharge this water to the Pacific but Tritium is still remaining in it. They dilute this with seawater so that it is legally safe, but scientifically the same amount of radioactive tritium is contained. They say it is safe to discharge, but none of them have drunk it.