Second core damage and major radiation discharge occurred in reactor1&3 from 3/20 to 3/23/2011


On 3/6/2013, Tepco released their video record of their TV meeting from 3/16 to 4/11/2011.
According to this record, 90% of the coolant water didn’t reach reactor1 in March of 2011, which caused the additional core damage from 3/20 to 3/22/2011.
The coolant water had been injected from 3/12/2011. At 13:30 of 3/22/2011, the video recorded the former Fukushima chief, Yoshida reported to headquarters that the discharge pressure at a fireplug was only 0.1 MPa though they were injecting it at 1MPa, which means most of the injected water was leaking.
In the afternoon of 3/20/2011, the temperature around RPV reactor1 was nearly 400℃. In the morning of 3/22/2011, they reported reactor1 was boiling with no water again, the core damage was on-going.
From the calculation of National Institute for Environmental Studies, the discharged radiation on 3/20/2011 reached the north part of Miyagi and the south part of Iwate as plume.

Prof. Maruyama from Institute of Fluid Science, Tohoku University comments 3/20~22/2011, reactor1 was boiling with no water, 3/21~3/23/2011, reactor3 was boiling with no water. Injected water was instantly evaporated too. Plenty of radioactive material and evaporated water were leaking from the damaged parts of these PCV.



Thank you for considering donation !


Français :

Entre le 20 et le 23 mars 2011, des dégâts secondaires et une fuite radioactive majeure ont eu lieu à partir des réacteurs 1 & 3


Le 6 mars 2013, Tepco publie leur enregistrement vidéo de leurs réunions TV entre le 16 mars et le 11 avril 2011.
Selon ces enregistrements; 90% de l’eau de refroidissement n’a pas atteint le réacteur 1 en mars 2011, ce qui a provoqué d’autres dégâts au cœur entre le 20 et le 22 mars 2011.
De l’eau de refroidissement a été injectée à partir du 12 mars 2011. Le 22 mars 2011 à 13:30, la vidéo a enregistré l’ancien chef de Fukushima, M. Yoshida, rendant compte au siège que la pression de sortie d’une borne incendie était seulement de 0,1 MPa alors qu’ils injectaient à 1 MPa, ce qui signifiait que l’essentiel de l’eau injectée fuyait.
Dans l’après-midi du 20 mars 2011, la température autour de la RPV (enceinte primaire) du réacteur 1 était à près de 400°C. Au matin du 22 mars 2011, ils rapportaient que le réacteur 1 était encore en train de bouillir sans eau, les dégâts sur le cœur étaient en cours.
A partir des calculs du National Institute for Environmental Studies, la radioactivité qui fuyait en nuage le 20 mars 2011 a atteint le nord de la préfecture de Miyagi et le sud de celle d’Iwate.

Le Pr. Maruyama de l’Institute of Fluid Science, de l’université de Tohoku, dit qu’entre le 20 et le 22 mars 2011, le réacteur 1 était en train de bouillir sans eau, du 21 au 23 mars 2011, le réacteur 3 était aussi en train de bouillir sans eau. L’eau injectée y était immédiatement vaporisée. D’énormes quantités de matières radioactives et de vapeur d’eau fuyaient par les parties endommagées de ces PCV.

Merci de penser à un don.

About this site

This website updates the latest news about the Fukushima nuclear plant and also archives the past news from 2011. Because it's always updated and added live, articles, categories and the tags are not necessarily fitted in the latest format.
I am the writer of this website. About page remains in 2014. This is because my memory about 311 was clearer than now, 2023, and I think it can have a historical value. Now I'm living in Romania with 3 cats as an independent data scientist.
Actually, nothing has progressed in the plant since 2011. We still don't even know what is going on inside. They must keep cooling the crippled reactors by water, but additionally groundwater keeps flowing into the reactor buildings from the broken parts. This is why highly contaminated water is always produced more than it can circulate. Tepco is planning to officially discharge this water to the Pacific but Tritium is still remaining in it. They dilute this with seawater so that it is legally safe, but scientifically the same amount of radioactive tritium is contained. They say it is safe to discharge, but none of them have drunk it.