3 radiation monitors down for 3 days in the pool to accept fuel assemblies from reactor4 SFP

3 radiation monitors were down for 3 days in common usage pool.

This pool is to stock the fuel assemblies removed from reactor4 spent fuel pool.


The monitors are to measure the atmospheric dose one a day. They didn’t measure from 4/19 to 4/21.

Tepco didn’t notice it until 13:45 of 4/22/2014.


They measured the radiation level manually, and stated the atmospheric dose didn’t significantly change from 4/18/2014.


There are two power systems in the pool. One of systems was under maintenance on 4/18 according to Tepco. However, it is not known why the other system was suspended together.






You read this now because we’ve been surviving until today.


Français :

Dans la piscine de réception des assemblages de la SFP4, 3 appareils de mesure de la radioactivité à l’arrêt pendant 3 jours 


3 appareils de mesure de la radioactivité sont restés à l’arrêt pendant 3 jours à la piscine commune.
Cette piscine sert à stocker les assemblages de combustible retirés de la piscine à combustibles usagés du réacteur 4.

Ces appareils servent à relever la radioactivité ambiante une fois par jour. IL n’y a pas eu de relevé entre le 19 et le 21 avril 2014.
Tepco ne l’a pas remarqué avant le 22 avril 2014 à 13:45.

Ils ont fait des relevés à la main et ont affirmé que la radioactivité ambiante n’a pas significativement varié depuis le 18 avril 2014.

Il existe deux systèmes électriques pour cette piscine. Un des deux était en maintenance jusqu’au 18 avril, selon Tepco. Néanmoins, ils ne précisent pas pourquoi le second s’est arrêté aussi en même temps.


Vous pouvez lire ceci parce que nous avons survécu jusqu’à aujourd’hui.

About this site

This website updates the latest news about the Fukushima nuclear plant and also archives the past news from 2011. Because it's always updated and added live, articles, categories and the tags are not necessarily fitted in the latest format.
I am the writer of this website. About page remains in 2014. This is because my memory about 311 was clearer than now, 2023, and I think it can have a historical value. Now I'm living in Romania with 3 cats as an independent data scientist.
Actually, nothing has progressed in the plant since 2011. We still don't even know what is going on inside. They must keep cooling the crippled reactors by water, but additionally groundwater keeps flowing into the reactor buildings from the broken parts. This is why highly contaminated water is always produced more than it can circulate. Tepco is planning to officially discharge this water to the Pacific but Tritium is still remaining in it. They dilute this with seawater so that it is legally safe, but scientifically the same amount of radioactive tritium is contained. They say it is safe to discharge, but none of them have drunk it.


April 2014