Fukushima plant lost its power for 5 hours


There was a power stoppage in Fukushima plant though it was a power station.

Fukushima power plant had a power stoppage at 4:25 AM of 9/5/2012 (JST).

The main and west entrance and also the resting place of nuclear workers lost power. Because the dust monitor to measure radioactive dust nearby the main entrance had a power cut as well, nuclear workers wore full-face masks around the gate. They took 5 hours to recover.(~ 9:40 AM) Tepco presumes it was a disorder of switchboard, they are going to investigate the reason.

Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency states, there was no damage for coolant system and other important facility. They don’t think anything critical has happened.

Source 1 2



Français :

L’usine de Fukushima en panne de courant pendant 5 heures

Il y a eu une coupure d’électricité à la centrale de Fukushima bien que ce soit une usine d’électricité.

La centrale de Fukushima n’a plus eu de courant à partir de 04:25 AM le 5 septembre 2012 (JST).

Les entrées principale et ouest ainsi que les baraquements de repos des ouvriers du nucléaire étaient sans électricité. Parce que la sonde à poussières mesurant la radioactivité des poussières près de l’entrée principale n’a plus eu de courant non plus, les ouvriers du nucléaire ont porté des masques intégraux autour de l’entrée. Il leur a fallu 5 heures pour rétablir la situation .(vers 09:40 AM) Tepco pense que c’est dû à un dysfonctionnement d’un tableau de contrôle, ils enquêtent pour en trouver la cause.

La NISA (Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency) affirme qu’il n’y a eu aucune répercussion sur le système de refroidissement, ni sur les autres installations importantes. Ils ne pensent pas qu’il en ait résulté quoi que ce soit de critique.

Sources : 1 2

About this site

This website updates the latest news about the Fukushima nuclear plant and also archives the past news from 2011. Because it's always updated and added live, articles, categories and the tags are not necessarily fitted in the latest format.
I am the writer of this website. About page remains in 2014. This is because my memory about 311 was clearer than now, 2023, and I think it can have a historical value. Now I'm living in Romania with 3 cats as an independent data scientist.
Actually, nothing has progressed in the plant since 2011. We still don't even know what is going on inside. They must keep cooling the crippled reactors by water, but additionally groundwater keeps flowing into the reactor buildings from the broken parts. This is why highly contaminated water is always produced more than it can circulate. Tepco is planning to officially discharge this water to the Pacific but Tritium is still remaining in it. They dilute this with seawater so that it is legally safe, but scientifically the same amount of radioactive tritium is contained. They say it is safe to discharge, but none of them have drunk it.


September 2012