Tepco “Never give up the frozen wall project”

Tepco “Never give up the frozen wall project”

Photo : Floating ice put into the underground trench. The camera catches the white noise due to the high level of radiation from contaminated water. 

 

Following up this article..

 

JP Gov to decide to abort the preceding “frozen water wall” project on 8/19/2014 [URL]

 

NRA (Nuclear Regulation Authority) is going to decide to abort the frozen water wall project in underground trench on 8/19/2014.

This is the frozen water wall project followed by frozen ground wall project, which is to separate the underground trench from turbine buildings.

Because it needs to freeze the water, it is considered to be more difficult than frozen ground wall. However the decision of NRA may affect the entire frozen wall projects.

 

Tepco started injecting the coolant material in the end of April. They also put 250 t of ice and even dry ice but it hasn’t been frozen by now.

(cf, Drain pipes got clogged due to dry ice project for frozen water wall [URL])

 

NRA is going to hold a feedback session on 8/19/2014 to decide if they should continue the frozen water wall project or not.

 

On 8/20/2014, Tepco’s president Hirose announced in the press conference that they are not going to give up the frozen wall water project.

 

They have been putting over 400 t of ice and dry ice, however the frozen water wall is not built yet.

On Tepco’s assumption, however the frozen water wall managed to separate the underground trench up to 90% and they can fill the rest of 10% by grout made of concrete as Tepco stated in the feedback session of NRA (Nuclear Regulation Authority) on 8/19/2014.

 

On the other hand, specialists of NRA point out that the grout would generate heat to melt the ice.

Tepco commented they are going to check the feasibility of using grout to support frozen water wall by early in September.

 

2 Tepco Never give up the frozen wall project

 

 

 

 

http://www.tepco.co.jp/nu/fukushima-np/handouts/2014/images/handouts_140819_02-j.pdf

http://www.nsr.go.jp/committee/yuushikisya/tokutei_kanshi/20140819.html

http://photo.tepco.co.jp/date/2014/201408-j/140819-01j.html

 

 

You read this now because we’ve been surviving until today.

_____

Français :

Tepco : “On n’abandonnera jamais le projet de mur congelé”

 

Photo : De la glace qui flotte dans la tranchée souterraine. L’appareil photo capte un bruit blanc provenant de l’extrême radioactivité de l’eau.

Article lié :

Le gouv JP décide d’abandonner le projet précédent de “mur d’eau congelée” au 19 août 2014

La NRA (Nuclear Regulation Authority) va décider d’abandonner le projet de mur d’eau congelée de la tranchée souterraine à partir du 19 août 2014.
Il s’agit du projet de mur d’eau congelée prolongé par celui de mur souterrain congelé qui devait séparer la tranchée souterraine des bâtiments de la turbine.
C’est considéré comme plus difficile que le mur de terre congelée parce qu’il faut congeler l’eau. Cette décision de la NRA pourrait concerner tous les projets de murs congelés.
Tepco avait commencé à injecter le liquide refroidisseur à la fin avril. Ils ont également mis 250 tonnes de glace et même de glace sèche mais ça n’a toujours pas congelé à ce jour. (cf. Tuyaux d’évacuation bouchés par la glace sèche pour le mur congelé)
La NRA va tenir une réunion de bilan le 19 août 2014 pour décider si ils continuent le projet de mur d’eau congelée ou non.

Le 20 août 2014, M. Hirose, le président de Tepco a déclaré en conférence de presse qu’ils n’allaient pas abandonner le projet de mur d’eau congelée.

Ils ont passé plus de 400 tonnes de glace et de glace sèche et le mur d’eau congelée  n’est toujours pas construit.
Selon les hypothèses de Tepco telles que présentées par Tepco à la réunion de bilan du 19 août 2014 à la NRA (Nuclear Regulation Authority), Le mur d’eau congelé isole à 90%  la tranchée souterraine et ils peuvent combler les 10% restants avec du coulis de ciment.

D’un autre côté, les spécialistes de la NRA mettent en avant que ce coulis allait produire de la chaleur qui fera fondre la glace.
Tepco a déclaré qu’ils allaient vérifier début septembre la faisabilité de l’utilisation de ce coulis pour compléter le mur d’eau congelée.

2 Tepco Never give up the frozen wall project

http://www.tepco.co.jp/nu/fukushima-np/handouts/2014/images/handouts_140819_02-j.pdf
http://www.nsr.go.jp/committee/yuushikisya/tokutei_kanshi/20140819.html
http://photo.tepco.co.jp/date/2014/201408-j/140819-01j.html

Vous pouvez lire ceci parce que nous avons survécu jusqu’à aujourd’hui.