Settlement report 3/9/2012

Donation : 163.00USD

Expense : meat 2.00USD   Sauce 1.90USD  Tooth paste 5.20USD   Hand cream 4.20USD

Profit : 149.70USD

Maybe some people misunderstand me. I don’t charge anyone, I don’t make anyone pay me money.
I took donation service because ads only makes google rich, and we have to make articles that google would like.
I’m not meant to rip you off. Everyday, thousands of people read FD. Only if they pay me 1 cent per person, I can buy a hamburger. That’s all I need. You don’t have to pay if you are struggling like me.

You can visit wikipedia anytime but they run on donation. That’s what I want to do.
You pay for what you find worthy. Simple. I think all the service should be like that.

I want to keep FD running. It’s preventing Japanese people from being isolated.
I want to put a spot light on people who are burning their lives where nobody notices.
Public execution is what you are seeing through FD. If you feel something from reading FD, please take some action for your own nuclear plants. Japan is over, but you can still stop the nuclear plants in your own country.

現在の総オレオ/目標オレオ:81/222.5

19 Responses to “Settlement report 3/9/2012”

1. Shail says:

Mochizuki-san,
    I/We trust you. So keep focus on your work and do not bother what few people says.
    This is good information to make right choice about the future for the people in Japan and I want to move out or people staying outside of Japan want to come in.

Regards,

2. Doug says:

Greetings, it might help you if you change your daily settlement report a bit. The word profit should be replaced, maybe with a more neutral word or statement. Examples would be liveing fund, or net proceeds for the future, or something less controversial than the word profit. I think it would quiet the complainers, as profit makes some people think this is a business, which in turn turns them off. Regards, Doug

3. Gaëlle says:

Hello Iori, I’ve been following the informations you share for many weeks now. It helps a lot to remain in touch with reality and it gives strength to try to wake up unaware people.
    Let me tell about an event in my little town in Brittany (west of France, area called ‘Tregor’) : on sunday March 25, as every year since 2005, a few engineer school students will open a one day exhibition/salon called “Jap’And Tregor” (http://japand-tregor.management.enssat.fr/ ). It is popular and broad-minded, although oriented towards young people in a very fashionable way. But nothing seems to be prepared to recall the health and ecological disaster in Japan – and how much the whole world is and will be concerned.
    Could you participate in some way (would it only be by sending a message dedicated to the exhibition’s context)? Let me know – me and friends of mine are working to find the ways out of nuclear and we are aiming to ask for a stand in the exhibition, if we manage to do it and as you seem to be in France at the moment we would invite you for a speech, and would assume your travels and accomodations with the greatest gratitude, brotherhood, and comfort we could. By the way can you tell D’un Renard I have written the whole transcription of the Nuit-Radioactive-3.0 (February 14), in which you spoke ?
    Thanks again. Let’s search for a way to make a government approve nuclear asylum. A donation for your work is incommensurably natural, let’s get through the fears of donating by paying on internet service.

4. Cameron says:

I was wondering, is there any kind of smell associated with nuclear fallout?

5. Kathy Thompson says:

Going to send you another $5 on the 21st, I get paid the 3rd Wednesday of every month.

6. patio888 says:

Mr. Mochizuki,

Some of us can afford to donate now. If we don’t have it, we won’t give it.

Your efforts are not about making money, anyway. We know that. Tough way to make a buck, right?

You chose to speak for those who have no voice in this tragedy. You stood up while it’s still risky; some call it courage, perhaps a modest man as yourself would call it necessity.

Why did you stand up, anyway?

Why not let someone else do that?

Perhaps, you realize, the world press are eager to end the news blackout and publish to earn fame and sell books. They waited to protect their little jobs; to hell with the victims. Mr. Mochizuki, you were the right man in the right place and got the job done.

From one of seven billion, may I say “we love you, man!”

Now get out of here and afford yourself a big salad to eat with all those damn hamburgers.

7. Grace says:

Iori ignore ANYONE that has complaints. You are giving your life to this while others sit at a computer and watch you suffer,

I say you don’t have to give an accounting at all.

The government doesn’t give an accounting to your readers and they are just fine with it. You don’t see them fighting back. You are the only one doing anything.

We support you and you should ignore anyone who doesn’t. If they don’t like it they can start their own d*mn blog and travel to Japan to learn about Fukushima on their own.

Do not bow to cowards Iori. They are not doing any work. YOU are.

Thank you.

• Rich says:

I think it is important to know how Iori is doing financially because we want to know if he is doing OK, as he is trying to survive as a nuclear refugee and independent journalist far from his country, family and old friends. Our financial support is important for him, and it is important for us to know he receives the money we send him.
      And with his daily settlement report we also get to know him a little better, which is good too.
      On the whole, I believe this transparency helps build mutual trust, and helps us not forget we must keep on taking good care of him.

8. Sherri says:

Mr.Mochizuki I think you should start considering banning people from posting on your site. If they cannot be respectful and objective they should not speak. Your health is too precious to endure stress from negative people.

Please consider blocking hateful people. They can go directly to the Japanese government to try to get answers if they don’t want to honor your words.

9. Cathy M says:

I wish I could send more $, but I see you understand some of us are living with small funds. I very much appreciate what you are doing, and my heart goes out to you on this anniversary. Instead of $, I offer you a poem I wrote in the days after the tsunami (from US west coast, I tried to imagine how it would feel). Poem was published on http://www.newversenews.com in March of last year:

Japan: The first day

Behind, the closed door of yesterday; another world, that once felt solid.
    Before you, unrecognizable, your life.

Like the tangled debris, your memories swept into fractured heaps,
    show no coherent shapes; refuse to know what happened.

A neighbor stumbles by, sleepwalking; you can’t recall her name.
    Someone’s shoe mud-stuck to the curb. A Suburu, vertical against a pole.

Reek of gasoline, strong enough to bring tears, suggests the danger still lurking.
    So much is brined in toxins. All boundaries failed.

Last night, a cold waking nightmare; wrapped in blankets on the 2nd floor
    the only nitelights were burning pyres: homes, factories, one inferno of refinery.

Spring had been pushing up in the lanes – bulbs and buds – the trill of birds had returned.
    The morning silence is punctuated by groaning timbers, keen of failing metal, the wind’s rales.

There is no news; there are small meals rescued and eaten cold.
    There is a search for unscathed bottled water, warm clothes.

You find an intact shovel sticking from a pile by the garage.
    You start clearing mud from the first floor, out to the yard where it also doesn’t belong.

What to do is all around: mud, splintered table, fragments of porcelain bowls.
    There is no water to wash, so it’s all push and shove.

A stranger walks by holding a small limp figure. You put the shovel down, follow,
    walk towards downtown, needing to speak to someone. Anyone.

Passing the library, you find yourself
    bursting into tears in front of one blush-pink camelia bloom.

10. Avril says:

List of the documentaries on Fukushima broadcasted in France and Germany (in French):

http://videos.arte.tv/fr/videos/enquete_sur_une_supercatastrophe_nucleaire-6439122.html (FULL VERSION you can watch it for free for 7 days, I hope sombedody will record it until then)

http://www.rue89.com/rue89-planete/2012/03/10/recits-de-fukushima-huit-temoignages-poignants-230020 (FULL VERSION)

http://www.planeteplus.com/Programmes/D-ici-demain/%28diffusion%29/60106276 (you can’t watch this one online for now but I will tell you when it will be available)

11. patio888 says:

One memory remains of the first days. A video of a woman was seeking safety on the roof of a building, wrapped in a blanket as shelter from freezing March weather.

A rescue helicopter hovered over her and the downdraft blew the blanket from her hands and into her cold and saturated surroundings. There was no fault; everyone was doing the best they could.

It was a moment of obvious desperation; we wish that story and a thousand similar ones experienced a year ago, ended in hope rewarded.

12. Pia says:

Lori-san – you do not need to worry – we have your back – the idiots who call you out will be powerless in the future. You spend the donations the way you choose – it is upon the donor to worry, not the ugly trolls. You could even do away with this silly reporting – choose only to let the donors know if they wish to know.

Recall – baby chicken in the mirror. Love & Peace.

13. Cory Peters says:

My wife and I read your blog and we wanted to say “keep up the good work”. We feel bad about what happened / is happening in Japan, but it’s good to see people like you getting information out to the public. A few minutes ago we sent a donation of $45, we hope it helps some.

Warm wishes. Stay strong.